Monday, June 22, 2009

Comments from Bill Carlson

Richard, my only comment is that I have witnessed people that take readings and place the cell as close to the anode as possible and then record an ON potential in excess of the 850, and just feet away the potential is in the tank. How can we account for this type of behavior? This by the way is not an isolated case. In the real world, we would like to think that everyone does the best job in recording potentials and looking at the effect rather than just getting a reading that makes them and their boss happy. It was not that long ago when the corrosion engineer had to fight for every dollar so he could do a good job. I would not like to see that happen again, for one I am too old and the other is it is counterproductive. I do not have a strong opinion either way, but we should be realistic. I would rather error on more protection than marginal protection. Thanks for your time. Bill



William P. Carlson

No comments: